Location: Meridian, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System is seeking a flex Polysom Tech to join our Sleep Medicine Insitute!
The Polysomnographic Technician performs a variety of sleep studies in order to diagnose the type and extent of sleep disorders, as directed by a physician.
- Functions independently, operating medical equipment, recording sleep/wake physiology and ensuring an accurate diagnostic procedure while continuously monitoring the patient's safety and well-being.
- Calibrate and adjust sleep-monitoring equipment according to established protocols to ensure accuracy of test results and integrity of system.
- Correctly apply electrodes, sensors and other monitoring devices according established protocols and in a timely, stable manner.
- Monitor test data, adjustment of filters and sensitivities as required.
- Recognize sleep pathology with appropriate response and intervention.
- Recognize and appropriate respond to patients' medical problems and physiological events, including but not limited to cardiac arrhythmia, respiratory events and seizures.
- Generate and prepare test reports summarizing sleep/wake periods, arousal analysis, EEG phenomena, cardiac events, respiratory events, limb movements and other physiological events according to current guidelines.
- Stage and score exams and gather all data for report.
- Assess patients' symptoms and medical history, physician's orders.
- Serve as role model and mentor to non-registered technologists and trainees.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Valid permit to provide polysomnography related respiratory care in state of employment
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist (LRT), Certified Respiratory Therapist from National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC CRT) OR
- Polysomnographic Technician (PSGT), Reg Polysomnographic Tech (RPSGT)
- Current CPR Healthcare Provider certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.