All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
·Benefits from Day One
·Paid Days Off from Day One
·Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for:
•Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
•Career growth and advancement potential
•Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
•AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
•We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Histology Technician performs anatomical pathology procedures in assigned areas as licensed. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Performs assigned pre and post analytical activities related to anatomic pathology tests assigned including specimen collection and processing, Quality Control, equipment maintenance, inventory control, Quality Assurance and proficiency testing procedures.
· Performs analytical activities related to specimen processing, embedding, microtomy, routine and special histologic staining, frozen sectioning, coverslipping and handling of irreplaceable tissue, surgical and body fluid specimens. 9739 â€“ Focuses efforts on research specimens.
· Supports cross departmental partnerships and communication amongst Pathologists, Pathologistsâ€™ Assistants, hospital staff and clients taking immediate steps to correct, follow through and report any mistakes or errors to department manager, assistant manager or lead tech including resolution of customer service issues within guidelines. 742400 â€“ Supports liaison work for FHCI-TR with Pathology.
· Attends and participates in scheduled department and committee meetings/activities as assigned and in the laboratory, participates in and has knowledge of Performance Improvement activities including evaluation of any new procedures and equipment. · Adheres strictly to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies; protects confidentiality of patient information and results at all times. 742400 - Also adheres to HIPAA compliance components referencing research. · Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene Plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from point of generation to designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
· 742400 Transports specimens to/from collection sites and is responsible for shipment of specimens to/from collaborator sites; takes the necessary training to ensure compliance under federal/state /regulatory guidelines.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
·Three months experienceas a Histology technician/technologist in a Histology laboratory setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
·Licensed by the State of Florida as a Clinical Laboratory Technician or Technologist in Histology
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.