Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Lab Client Services Admin
Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) is seeking to hire a Clinical Laboratory Associate (CLA) 2, whom will report to the Supervisor of Pathology Support in the Clinical Laboratory Services (CLS) diagnostic laboratories, and whom will have responsibility for accessioning specimens and patient tissue materials for testing, including packaging specimens or tissue materials to be sent out to a referring laboratory, with minimal guidance. The CLA 2 works closely with all laboratory staff, medical staff, and external customers. The CLA 2 performs customer service functions including telephone etiquette and basic troubleshooting and problem resolution.
*Receives and triages specimens.
*Prepares specimens and patient materials for shipping.
*Provides general clerical support.
*The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
*High School Diploma or GED (or relevant experience) (Required)
*1 year relevant experience (Required)
*Prior diagnostic laboratories experience
* VUMC, Specimen Receiving, 2nd Shift, 2pm-10:30pm CST, Monday-Friday rotating weekends & holidays
#VUMCRocks , #LabWeek , #Join Us!
Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) has been rated the #1 Hospital in Nashville and the state of Tennessee by the US News & World Report. VUMC's Diagnostic Laboratories are undergoing an exciting time of change, including a planned expansion to a new state-of-the-art 110,000 sq ft laboratory. This, along with an established Professional Advancement Ladder (PAL), provides additional opportunities for growth within our system. VUMC is an academic medicine environment, providing team members frequent interaction with clinical teams and exposure to complex and novel infectious cases.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.* Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.* Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas. - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service. - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively:- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.