Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
The Vanderbilt Kennedy Center's Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) provides clinical services, in-home services, in-school services, school-based professional development for educators, training and workshops for caregivers, and other services for individuals with autism spectrum disorder.
The focus of this position will be providing coaching and consultation services funded under grant contracts with the Tennessee Department of Education and/or Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. The Behavior analysts will be supporting students with behavior interfering with safety and curriculum access and their educators and/or providing parent-training focused early intervention via telepractice or within homes.
Eligible candidates should have experience conducting a variety of service tasks, including performing functional behavioral assessment, developing instructional and/or treatment goals, providing live in-person and web-based professional development opportunities to relevant stakeholders including educators, and coaching those individuals through implementation of strategies targeting routines-based implementation of evidence-based strategies.
Providing behavior analytic services in school settings
Using telehealth technologies to provide high-quality services across the state of Tennessee
Assessment of challenging behavior including descriptive and analytic
Collaborating with school team members, parents, TRIAD team members and additional professional on student team
Providing live and remote training on behavioral intervention strategies
Coaching teams to implement behavior intervention plans
Supervising interns and RBTs
Collaborating regarding service and program evaluation
Consistent management of and presence at team meetings analyzing team data
Communicating with internal and internal team members regarding service implementation
Creation of materials to support behavior coaching and consultation services
Development and dissemination of online modules and resources to education professionals
Facilitate development of continuing education resources with partners
The mission of the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center (VKC) for Research on Human Development is to improve the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families through research, service, training, dissemination, and educational advocacy. For more information, please visit https://vkc.vumc.org/vkc/.
- Using telehealth technologies to provide high-quality services across the state of Tennessee.
- Assessment of challenging behavior including descriptive and analytic.
- Collaborating with school team members, parents, TRIAD team members and additional professionals on student team.
- Providing live and remote training on behavioral intervention strategies.
- Supervising interns and RBTs
- Coaching teams to implement behavior intervention plans.
- Collaborating regarding service and program evaluation.
- Creation of materials to support behavior coaching and consultation services.
- Developing high quality services, tools, and resources to reach underserved, low-resource, and rural communities.
- Creating interactive professional development opportunities grounded in evidence-based practices.
- Developing online tools, resources, and training modules.
- Using resources to provide education to caregivers & others about early childhood (birth-3 years) development and strategies to support skill development in this population.
- Utilizing a variety of coaching models & modalities, including telehealth, to provide ongoing coaching to caregivers related to routines-based implementation of evidence-based strategies to support their young child.
* Behavior Analyst Treatment Implementation/Supervision (Intermediate): Demonstrates proficiency providing treatment consistent with established plan of care. Applies evidence based clinical management practices. Supervises RBTs, graduate students, caregivers, and other service providers implementing treatments and providing feedback as appropriate. Supervision entails ongoing education, coaching, and consultation, and use of data for data-based decision making and feedback.
* Professional Provider & Family Education (Intermediate): Demonstrates proficiency in communicating functional impact of assessment findings, treatment interventions, treatment planning, and discharge planning. Considers the communication needs/level of understanding of audience and may share appropriate information/literature. May include creating interactive educational opportunities grounded in ABA for caregivers, educators and other service providers internal or external to VUMC. May supervise, educate and train students from professional programs of behavior analysis or internal registered behavior technicians.
* Dissemination (Intermediate): Provide ongoing education, coaching and consultation grounded in ABA to individuals and teams of parents, community providers and educators, tailoring presentation to audience needs. May also include analysis of data and presentation of data in a manner that is accessible to non-ABA providers. Considers the diverse needs of learners and develops appropriate levels of instruction and engagement.
* Care Coordination (Intermediate): Demonstrates ability to coordinate care with other professionals, internal and external to VUMC, including communicating with education agencies, professional providers (within and outside the field of behavior analysis), as well as funding sources and other entities.
* Patient Documentation (Intermediate): The ability to receive and record patient information.
* Patient Evaluation (Intermediate): Demonstrates mastery of patient evaluations in practical applications of a difficult nature. Demonstrates experience in the evaluation process. Demonstrates a solid understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to the diagnosis. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering patient evaluations without requiring support and instruction from others.
* Discharge Planning (Intermediate): Demonstrates mastery in the discharge planning process. Anticipates transition and discharge needs of the patient based upon understanding of pathology/diagnosis and relationship to their present functional status. Informs patient, family and members of team of the patient's needs based upon the assessment and/or treatment, and make recommendations for continued services, follow-up, or referrals to other services. Educates level I employees and new employees on the transition and discharge process including transition service and referral resources. May initiate and develop relationships with additional services within Vanderbilt and in the community. May facilitate staff development in transition and discharge planning by scheduling and presenting in-service presentations.
* Treatment Planning & Goal Setting (Intermediate): Demonstrates mastery in developing a plan of care that incorporates treatment interventions focused on meeting objective goals. Develops and documents patient focused short and long term goals that are functional and measurable. Identifies the need for and referral to other services, as needed. May serve as a mentor for other clinical staff to develop their skills in treatment planning. May consult with team members or implement new procedures.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment. Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area. Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues:- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services:- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation:- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.