Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise, ID is seeking a Lab Apprentice to join our Anatomic Cytology Services Boise Hospitalteam.
The Lab Apprentice is a trainee position that under supervision supports routine tests in clinical laboratories for use in treatment and diagnosis of diseases.
Apprentices have a large responsibility in ensuring that specimens have the correct orders, are labeled properly, and have been handled in a way that does not compromise testing. Apprentices also spend a significant amount of time answering questions on the phone and processing requests to send case material to other locations for consultations or additional testing. Apprentices need to be comfortable working with all types of surgical specimens. The gross examination process involves complex dissections of all body parts and our department is responsible for supporting/assisting with autopsies that our Pathologists oversee.
- Training schedule and work shift: Monday-Saturday: 5 days a week with a roation for Saturday coverage. 8hr/shifts
- Incentive pays are available when on-call, overtime, night/evening/weekend shifts are worked
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Time management skills
What We Offer/Perks
- Great team culture and be a part of an organization that greatly impacts our community
- Ample opportunities to learn and ability grow within the organization
- Benefit eligible position
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Orthodontics
- Wellness programs
- 401 Match Plan
- Tuition and Certification Reimbursement
- Scholarship Opportunities
- And so much more!
- Performs limited testing according to unit or area assigned.
- Performs daily QC maintenance and instrument checks.
- Assists in collection of a variety of specimens as required by specific section needs, with skill and sensitivity to needs of the patient.
- Ensures specimens are properly identified, collected, labeled and stored.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of supplies.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education- Must meet one of the following:
- Bachelors' degree + 0 years of experience
- Associates' degree + 2 additional years of experience
- HSD or equivalent + 4 additional years experience in lieu of degree.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.