Location: Cortland, New York
Internal Number: ad4e7962456f0fa17bb514a3cc94949a
$10,000 Starting Bonus! Guthrie is seeking an Optometrist to support its brand new facility in Ithaca, NY!
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Guthrie Medical Group has an opening for an full time Optometrist to join its department in Ithaca, NY.
Guthrie has a strong corporate balance sheet and an A+ Standard & Poors bond-rating. Guthrie continues to invest in patient services as evidenced by expanding our facilities in the Corning/Elmira and Ithaca/Cortland markets. The new Cortland Cancer Center opened this fall. The harbor-front multispecialty facility in Ithaca represents a 31 million investment and is on track for a Spring 2022 opening. We continue to expand services and to grow our provider complement as evidenced by signing over 100 providers in FY21.
Highlights of the Position
- Brand new state-of-the-art facility being built in Ithaca, NY
- Guthrie's Department of Ophthalmology is a highly successful dynamic and growing multi specialty group with 10 Optometrists and 11 Ophthalmologists Cataract/Comprehensive as well as subspecialists in Retina Glaucoma Cornea Ocular Pathology Oculoplastic and 1 Pediatrics
- Our highly trained Optometrists practice medical optometry working closely and co-managing patients with our ophthalmologists
- Position will be allocated 3 exam rooms
- Diagnostic testing at this location includes Visual Fields OCT and Fundus Photography
- Position is supported by 2 ophthalmic technicians who will provide patient work ups and diagnostic testing
Work Life Balance
- Weekly hours of Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- No call requirement
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- $10,000 Starting Bonus!
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- 10000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study with option of converting one week into additional PTO.
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie's 6 residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie