Location: Salem, Oregon
Internal Number: REQ-019871
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Pacific Pathology Associates, Inc, a Sonic Healthcare USA partner, is recruiting for a Full-Time Histology Technician to join our team in the desirable Willamette Valley. We are seeking candidates interested in a dynamic multi-specialty pathology practice. We are located in a cancer center-affiliated medical center and interpret surgical pathology, cytopathology, and other specimens. We also serve 5 hospitals and 225 outpatient offices in 17 cities in the Mid-Willamette Valley Region of Oregon.
Location: Salem, OR 97301
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 4:30 AM - 1:00 PM (Saturday On-Call Rotation)
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
- Prepares sections of human tissue for microscopic examination and patient diagnosis, using techniques to gross (dissect tissue), embed (orient specimen in paraffin block), section (cut thin sections of tissue), stain (enhance contrast of tissue and highlight specific features of interest with routine hematoxylin and eosin stains), and mount tissue (adhere tissue onto glass slides), from surgical procedures.
- Performs recuts and additional stains including special and immunohistochemistry stains.
- Operates tissue processors to fix, dehydrate, and infiltrate with wax, tissue specimens preserved for histologic examination by a pathologist.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and tracks all routine maintenance and quality controls performed.
- Files, retrieves, and distributes blocks, slides, and pathology reports
- Examines slides and/or blocks to ensure tissue preparation is meeting laboratory requirements.
- Trains or directs Laboratory Assistants and Histology Technicians engaged in laboratory testing and processing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing.
- State licensure, if applicable.
- Certified or eligible for Board of Certification (BOC) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
- Completion of a Histology program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or minimum of one (1) year experience as a Histology Technician Trainee and competent in the areas of embedding, microtomy, grossing, special stains, and immunohistochemistry.
- Successful completion of a post-employment visual color discrimination test.
- Successful completion of annual education units per ASCP guidelines.
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Aurora Diagnostics LLC
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.