Location: United States,
ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA (USA). Inova Alexandria Hospital is seeking an outstanding AP/CP Board Certified pathologist to provide anatomic and clinical pathology services. The ideal candidate should possess strong overall diagnostic and communicative skills with the ability to handle surgical pathology sign out of an active general surgical pathology service. Fellowship training in an area of surgical pathology is required. Fellowship training in GI, Hematopathology and dual fellowship training in surgical pathology and cytology are preferred but not required. Sign out responsibilities, on-call duties and conferences are shared with other members of the department. A minimum of 3 years of surgical and clinical pathology sign out experience is preferred. We offer a highly competitive salary, health benefits, CME and paid time off as well as paid malpractice and relocation allowance.
This is an opportunity to work in a very prestigious Health Care System (Inova) located in sought-after Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Inova Health Care System is the home to Inova Schar Cancer Institute, an accredited cancer program of the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- Hospital employed position
- Competitive guaranteed salary and incentive component
- Full benefits, including, health, dental, vision and life
- Annual CME support
- Licensure and DEA reimbursement
- Medical Doctorate (MD, DO) required
- Must be board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology
- Fellowship training in an area of surgical pathology
- Must hold current, active license to practice medicine in the State of Virginia