Mammography Technologist Per Diem
AdventHealth Palm Coast
Facility Address: 60 Memorial Medical Parkway, Palm Coast, FL 32164
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources and Mental Health Resources and Support
- No State Income Tax
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Per Diem
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Flagler is a charming seaside community that is part of the Palm Coast
- The Palm Coast area is a growing community resulting in the current construction of a second hospital scheduled to open in late 2022
- Stroll through a secluded nature preserve on one of the many biking and walking paths including the Great Florida Birding Trail.
- From saltwater fishing to deep sea diving, sprawling golf courses to oceanfront restaurants, you’ll have plenty of ways to spend your free time and enjoy the warm weather – all right in your backyard
- With close proximity to Daytona Beach, St. Augustine, Jacksonville and Orlando, you’ll have easy access to some of Florida’s most renowned hotspots and world-class attractions
The role you’ll contribute:
Performs Mammographic imaging procedures. Assists Radiologist in performance of Biopsies and other procedures. Performs X-Ray and DEXA imaging procedures as needed. Positions, moves, and assists patients. Obtains patient’s history. Performs clerical duties. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Routinely examines requisitions, patient reports and previous studies. If available, prior to mammographic exams, for awareness of information such as procedure requested, patient's condition, patient history and any other special notes or comments.
- Demonstrates competency in the selection of proper positioning and technical factors in digital mammography to demonstrate appropriate anatomical structures ad possible corresponding pathology.
- Accurately documents all procedures and patient's clinical history that is pertinent to the mammographic exam.
- Practices sterile technique as necessary when assisting Radiologist during stereotactic biopsies.