Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-019808
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Laboratory Operations Personnel
Lab personnel, Pathologists, Facilities, Purchasing, HR, clients
In conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Laboratory Operations, manage day to day operation of the Laboratory Operations Assign, oversee, and review the work of employees. Direct all phases of work, quality, service, and costs and perform tests or assays as required.
- Ability to relate professionally with people, possess analytical abilities, compose letters/memorandums, coordinate events, motivate others, research information, practice good time management, train employees.
- Manage the day to day operations of the department. This includes:
- Staff hires, scheduling, development, training and annual appraisals.
- Collaborate with HR to address employee issues.
- Develop, review and update all Standard Operation Procedures Manuals.
- Statistical compilation and analysis.
- Laboratory inspection compliance and regulations.
- Implement, enforce and monitor all QC, QA, service, safety and compliance indicators.
- Resolves technical problems and ensures that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Assist with the development and monitoring of department budget.
- Participation in inventory control.
- Work with pathologists to ensure timely completion of cases.
- Documentation and timely completion of special projects.
- Evaluates laboratory systems, processes, and equipment as they relate to operating efficiency, effectiveness and regulatory compliance
- Validation of methodology and instrumentation.
*Communicate problems or matters that need attention to the GM of Laboratory Operations
- BS/BA Degree with 3 - 5 years of experience in management.
- NYS License/Must possesses proven supervisory skills. Independent judgment required to meet common goal.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Superior time management and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve goals efficiently
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Dependable, flexible and adaptable in all aspects of work.
- Histotechnician ASCP certification
- Ability to QC antibodies
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.