Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking a Post Doctoral Fellow (Research) to join our Nemours Children's Health team in Orlando, Florida.
Must have US employment authorization.
The Post Doctoral Fellow will design and conduct original research for both internally and externally funded projects of interest to the Genitourinary Development lab. With the guidance of the research scientist, the Post Doctoral Fellow is able to and encouraged to apply as Principal Investigator for externally funded grants. In addition, the Post Doctoral Fellow may assist with routine laboratory management work as requested by the Laboratory Head. Our Lab is focused on investigating the molecular mechanisms underlying common urological birth defects in humans by recapitulating them in mouse models.
- Independent performance of experiments using a range of molecular biological, cell biological, biomaterials, and analytical techniques (PCR, Western blots, Cell culture, immunofluorescence...) and instruction and guidance to others in these techniques.
- Maintenance of transgenic mouse colonies. Assist with maintenance and operations in the laboratory in which these studies occur.
- Data analysis and the production of oral and written reports, participation in team meetings at which the work will be discussed and planned.
- Write draft grant proposals and manuscripts.
- Assist the Lab Head in preparation of research proposals to external funding agencies.
- Participate in collaborative projects with other laboratories.
- Doctorate Degree required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience required.
- Experience in animal/mouse models.
- Must have US employment authorization