Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0015768
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Division of Hematology, Oncology & Transplantation (H.O.T.) at the University of Minnesota is seeking a board certified/eligible Hematologist/Oncologist clinically trained in Malignant Hematology, or Blood and Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapy.
We are seeking an energetic, self-starting professional who desires to develop an academic, patient-centered program, in close collaboration with established basic and translational scientists at the University of Minnesota.
- Join a division where you'll be supported by nationally and internationally recognized leaders including over 35 faculty physicians; with 15 dedicated to BMT and Malignant Hematology.
- Assume a key leadership role in the development, implementation, and supervision of innovative research projects and clinical trials. Currently, more than 225 clinical trials are open to treat over 100 different types of cancer.
- Provide inpatient and/or outpatient clinical care as well as instruction of medical students and post-graduate trainees.
- Opportunity to lead and collaborate with research team members involved in support of critical research goals related to your area of interest and expertise.
- Access to the latest and most advanced treatment options, innovative clinical trials, and scientific advances.
About the Division:
The H.O.T. Division is comprised of leading experts dedicated to seeking innovative approaches and more effective therapies. Faculty can work in partnership with one of the nation's top cancer research centers designated by the National Cancer Institute. For over 25 years the Masonic Cancer Center has provided faculty a collaborative research environment focused on the causes, prevention, detection, and treatment of cancer. Learn more at cancer.umn.edu.
The Malignant Hematology Program works closely with the BMT & Cellular Therapy Program and has expertise in the design and development of new cellular and immunotherapies, including phase I/II trials of CAR T-cell therapies and natural killer cellular therapies for the treatment of lymphoma, myeloma, acute leukemia's, and other hematologic malignancies.
The BMT & Cellular Therapy Program has been at the forefront of advances since performing the world's first successful BMT in 1968. Since then, our teams have performed more than 8,000 Blood and Marrow Transplants.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine residency and Hematology/Oncology fellowship-training program.
- Board eligible/certified with the American Board of Internal Medicine Medical Oncology Board.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of the VISA.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/346184
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals. #UMP
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.