The Histo Technologist performs technical duties associated with the preparation of histopathological slides for Pathologist to review.
Working Conditions: Exposure to toxic substances, communicable diseases, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a medical laboratory environment.
Essential Duties: (including but not limited to the following):
* Performs tissue processing, embedding, cutting and slide preparation.
* Stains slides manually or by automated staining methods.
* Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems involving methodology, technique, and instrumentation utilization.
* Performs maintenance and quality control on instruments as applicable.
* Monitors environmental conditions in the lab.
* Maintains a safe working environment.
* Monitors supply inventory and orders supplies.
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Attends required meetings.
* Performs related work as directed by the Pathologist.
Typical Physical Demands:
* Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. * Sitting for extended periods of time may occur. * Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. * Requires visual acuity and normal color perception.
Qualifications and Education:
* Minimum of Associates Degree in related science as approved by accrediting agency.
* Minimum of one year experience preferred.
* NYS Histotech License or higher license required.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
CareMount Medical, P.C. is New York State’s premier multispecialty medical group, providing comprehensive care of the highest quality to over 665,000 patients. CareMount has more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. CareMount’s 650 physicians and advanced practice professionals cover more than 50 medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Northwell Health. CareMount offers on-site laboratory/radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. CareMount physicians are featured in respected Top Doctors and Best Doctors listings, nationally and regionally. For additional information please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.