YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: M-F 6AM-2:30PM, Rotating Weekends
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Laboratory Technologists performs various laboratory testing procedures in assigned areas as licensed. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or other human biological specimens. Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are including in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and/or receptionist duties. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied; properly stores and safeguards documentation and paperwork.
· Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities.
· Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to Florida Hospital procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as Florida Hospital policies.
· Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with Florida Hospital procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients.
· Provides leadership and mentoring to technicians and support staff, resolution to customer service issues within guidelines, and support education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested. Facilitates workflow when necessary.
· Participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory and hospital Performance Improvement activities, including evaluation of new equipment and/or procedures or methods.
· Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies; protects confidentiality of patient information and results at all times.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Science or an equivalent term, OR
· Four years post-secondary education with a concentration in the aforementioned subject matters, Chemical Science or Biologic Science or Healthcare-related field
· One-year analytical, technical experience in Clinical Laboratory setting, OR
· Completion of a clinical internship in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent program
· Licensed by State of Florida at Clinical Laboratory Technologist level in appropriate specialties (Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Serology/Immunology, Microbiology, Immunohematology/Blood Banking, and/or Molecular Pathology) for the department or campus Assignment.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION PREFERRED:
· Nationally certified as Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technologist, or equivalent term
· Licensed by State of Florida as Clinical Laboratory Technologist level in assigned department specialties, or all 6 areas (Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Serology/Immunology, Microbiology, Immunohematology/Blood Banking, Molecular Pathology).
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.