All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: As Needed
The community you’ll be caring for: Adventhealth Gordon
The role you’ll contribute:
Responsible for the quality and efficiency of the Radiology Department. Performs Radiographic-imaging procedures. Positions, moves, and transports patients. Performs clerical duties. Assists Radiologist in performance of special imaging procedures. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the Gordon Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs those duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation for the purpose of detecting pathology.
· Regulates the equipment used to expose the x-ray film develops and organizes studies in the PACS.
· Operates equipment safely and maintain A.L.A.R.A. standards while performing all types of procedures.
· Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and medical staff.
· Direct patient responsibility for geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric, and neonatal patient care until the patient is returned to his/her room or until outpatient is discharged.
· Assures responsibilities for the patient flow and all other matters pertaining to patient care, ensures patient and employee safety.
· The technologist is directly involved in a variety of Radiology procedures, has an extensive experience with available Radiology equipment in terms of product evaluation, troubleshooting and quality control.
· Recommends action necessary for improvement of the overall discipline and other actions regarding personnel.
· Evaluate the service and equipment of the department according to the department policy and procedure, and ACR accreditation.
· Adheres to federal and state radiation safety guideline and regulations regarding patient and operator protection, collimation and shielding.
· Accepts call responsibilities in accordance with departmental policy.
· Maintains acceptable standards of performance and responsibility according to department policy and procedures on a daily basis.
· Maintains workstation/area and equipment in acceptable working order and cleanliness.
· Administers intravenous injections according to policy and procedures of the Imaging Department.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.