DMC University Laboratories (DMCUL) is a regional, integrated laboratory system providing services to the eight hospitals of Detroit Medical Center. DMC University Laboratories evolved in 1993 and is comprised of Core Laboratories, Specialty Laboratories, two rapid response hospital laboratories, Centralized Stat Lab, Centralized Blood Bank Lab, and full service outreach infrastructure which includes patient service centers, remote ambulatory laboratories, marketing staff, courier system and billing department. The DMC University Laboratories service area covers the entire Southeast Michigan market, and is growing at a rapid pace with the following outstanding features: Test menu of over 1,000 tests, which includes high end specialty tests. Less than 1% of our tests are sent to outside reference laboratories. Provide reference laboratory services to many of the other healthcare systems in Southeastern Michigan and several out of state facilities.
Under limited supervision directs and supervises assigned personnel and daily activities of the laboratory section to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operations.
â�¢ Responsible for overall management of the section which includes recommendations on hiring, counseling and disciplinary actions of staff.
â�¢ Maintains statistical information related to section.
â�¢ Develops and monitors financial budgets, as well as quality assurance monitors to assess section performance and ensures established targets are achieved.
â�¢ Assists in the development and enforcement of practices to meet all operational and regulatory laws and standards including HIPPA.
â�¢ Participates in process improvement initiatives.
â�¢ Responsible for training, new employee orientation, competency assessment and evaluation of staff.
â�¢ Supports the standards set forth in the DMC's Code of Conduct by creating an atmosphere of commitment to legal and ethical standards, and as directed, implementing external and internal audit recommendations.
â�¢ Monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations JCAHO requirements, and DMC policies and procedures.
â�¢ As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science or Canadian degree in clinical discipline and completion of accredited Canadian technologist program.
2. Three to five years of progressively more responsible laboratory experience or two to four years of supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory.
3. Registered as a Technologist with the American Society of Clinical Pathologist, National Certifying Agency or equivalent
1. Analytical ability to define functional, unit or service procedures, to independently oversee the application of methods, guides, and processes, to apply sound judgment in choosing proper course of action among multiple options, to interpret policies, to assist in planning short to mid-range goals and determining measures, and to assess and monitor progress toward Laboratory Services goal attainment.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for contact with internal and external customers/stakeholders to discuss and interpret technical information or Laboratory policy. Some discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate. Conflict resolution skills are exercised within the Service Centers and occasionally on an interdepartmental or inter functional basis. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required. Ability to read and comprehend policies and interpret technical materials in the Laboratory area is necessary.
3. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
4. Technical knowledge of laboratory operations and processes.
5. Working Knowledge of computer applications with special focus on word and spreadsheet applications.
6. Demonstrated understanding and application of process improvement skills and concepts.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.