All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
The role you’ll contribute:
Performs complex diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens and interprets data.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Reads, examines, and interprets complex test results
• Manages instrument maintenance and troubleshooting practices
• Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with established procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients
• Demonstrate competency in laboratory procedures within the scope of practice. Provide all aspects of diagnostic laboratory procedures based on established standards. Perform testing in a timely manner and ensure department staff adhere to established turnaround time goals
• Performs other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Bachelor's degree medical technology or related sciences with appropriate state licensure if required or appropriate national certification
Two years of technical experience
Must hold a certification from one of the following Medical Laboratory Scientist (American Society for Clinical Pathology), or Medical Technologist (American Society for Clinical Pathology), or Medical Technologist (American Medical Technologist), or Medical Technologist (American Associate of Bioanalyst) o If required by facility licensed in specialty of microbiology AND/OR, serology/immunology AND/OR, chemistry, hematology AND/OR, immunohematology AND/OR, histocompatibility AND/OR, blood banking AND/OR, molecular pathology
Appropriate state licensure or appropriate national certification if required
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.