* Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
* Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
* Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
You Will Be Responsible For:
Identifies patients by using AdventHealth's approved guidelines to confirm patient/exam accuracy before continuing with patient examination. Reviews and ensures physician request meets clinically valid exam indicator requirements.
Ensuring that equipment has met all quality control requirements and working with a minimum of supervision, performs patient examination utilizing age-specific care techniques in a safe and responsible manner, and evaluates image quality to insure good technical and diagnostic detail.
Presents completed exam and any patient historical data to radiologist/cardiologist for review. Assists with image manipulation or additional imaging as requested.
Performs a wide range of Nuclear Medicine procedures demonstrating proficiency with camera acquisition and computer processing in assigned area.
Maintains room in ready status by keeping room neat, supplies well stocked and equipment prepared for next patient.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* A high level of multitasking, organization and proactive customer service skills
* Must possess sound judgment, critical thinking skills, ability to manage multiple details, tasks, and decision-making abilities under busy and stressful working conditions
* Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
* Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* High School education or equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
* One-year experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
* American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) Nuclear Medicine Technology (N) and/or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) registration
* State license in Nuclear Medicine
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.